Oh my word, I just had to share this incredible recipe of Carmién Tea’s Homemade Ice Cream. Just in time for the long weekend and summer days.
They recommend pairing the ice cream with a traditional Malva Pudding, but I would enjoy it paired only with a spoon.
- 2 bags Carmién creamy vanilla rooibos tea
- 125 ml (1/2 c) cream
- 250 ml (1 c) full-cream yoghurt
- 230 g cream cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 c) sugar or xylitol
- Add the rooibos tea bags to the cream and slowly heat.
- Infuse for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the tea bags and remove the bags.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a plastic bowl and freeze.
- Serve with the malva pudding.
Take a look on the Carmién website for more scrumptious desserts and food ideas using the Carmién tea range.
Recipe and images courtesy of https://carmientea.co.za/